Monday, August 10, 2009

She Never Even Looked Back!

5 YEARS! They all just flew by and left me standing in a quiet and empty house this morning! I really held it all together until I got back home and saw her little pajamas in a pile on her bedroom floor. Another cup of coffee and a little Matt Lauer (wink wink) and I'm in better spirits now! Here's how our last 14 hours or so went:

It's official! Someone we all know went to sleep last night as a mere babe and awoke a fully grown KINDERGARTEN STUDENT! She talked LOTS about it last night after "lights out" and even convinced herself that she would probably miss her mama and daddy while she was at school.

She woke up with a HUGE SMILE and came into the kitchen to find a little celebration breakfast waiting on her...she grinned and said, "Mama, what did you do?" I told Mike that just made my day! She sat down to muffins, strawberries and bananas but couldn't finish her plate (I think she was just too excited)!

She got dressed after breakfast and took a little time to model her new backpack and lunchbox for me. Notice the polka-dot theme (so very me...ahem, I mean Riley, don't you think)?


We loaded up the car and headed out at 7:10. Oinky and Rarity the Unicorn joined us on the trip...



Once we parked, Mike and I walked her inside. I had to swallow hard and look up at the sky at this point that huge lump formed in my throat (it's still there and it's 9:12 am here). She sang all the way to school and I would venture to say that her feet didn't hit the pavement between the car and the classroom door. She was over the top excited! She remembered the red hallway was her hallway and walked right to her door. She dropped her lunchbox in the floor, hugged and kissed her daddy and myself and she was off! Never looked back (sniff, sniff). I'm so thankful God gave her an adventurous spirit and the personality to go with it!


Finding the "red Hallway"


Never even looked back!



Riley & her teacher, Mrs. Dana.
Results of today's adventure will be posted soon! I'm praying it lives up to her expectations!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you Riley! I'm in the same boat with you Kendra (next Tuesday for us). I wish Olivia had some of Riley's adventurous spirit. Ask her to wish it Olivia's way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing her day with us. She looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW I can't believe you had to go to school already. I got great news Riley Shover is going to be in my class..I am super excited. Maybe school will be fun.

    ReplyDelete