Thursday, August 27, 2009

Eat your heart out Grammie...

We have been so fortunate that dad has been able to visit with us twice in the past week. While his company has never had business in this area, a recent turn of events sent him this way to do some prospecting. We couldn't be happier! It's such a long week for him, but really works out great for us! However, Grammie is a little jealous of his "new territory" and is getting more and more bitter that she wasn't a part of the trip. Dad even made Riley get on the phone with mom and tell her "not to be mad at Poppy, he was just doing his job." I'm sure mom is working on her letter of resignation as she won't stand for this too much longer (truth be told, my fingers are crossed)!
Poppy went with us to soccer practice tonight (expect pics from big girl's game this weekend) and we just really enjoyed hanging out together. Riley was too excited to see him and just couldn't wait to "play"...she is convinced that kindergarten interferes with her playing schedule (I know...don't you wish you had her problems). I added a slide show to the right with a few pictures of the two of them playing. Click on them and the pictures will enlarge.
I suppose I will have to add more since Granny and Papa are visiting with us this weekend! A devoted blogger's work is never done!

3 comments:

  1. Do you suppose I could talk the old HF into opening a branch in OB? I could then come out and do all the hiring, etc. I think it is pretty "curious" that MS has never been a part of his region in 15 years...go figure

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a doll! Completely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy that you are getting to play with your poppy. Good luck on your soccer game, I have a scrimmage Saturday. Hey did you get the letter I mailed you a few weeks ago? I wrote it myself.

    ReplyDelete