Friday, August 14, 2009

B I N G O!!!

We've finished the "school week" on a high note. My sweet girl jumped into the car this afternoon and announced that she won a game of "color and shape bingo" today at school and won a fabulous bracelet of her choice from the treat jar! She was so proud of it because it matched the polka dot theme of her backpack and lunchbox! I of course was pleased that she picked it (since it matched and all)! I asked her about the BINGO game and she proceeds to tell me that she won the first game (I'm so proud) and another classmate won the second one. Then she goes on to say that they used...and I quote, "unifix cubes to mark our spaces". Now you're asking yourself, "she said what", what the heck is a unifix cube? Well...go ahead and click on it so you'll know just what she marked those winning bingo spaces with! As a former teacher I gotta admit, I couldn't be more proud. I mean, she could have told me that they used these little colored boxes on their BINGO cards, but OUR GIRL used the term UNIFIX CUBE! Wow, she really knows how to make a mama proud! So, a couple of hours later I'm relaying the story to Mike and he's got this look, you know the one that says, "I can see that Kendra is really excited about this story and wants me to be equally excited about this tidbit from Riley's day, but I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT GET IT". I then explained what exactly a unifix cube was and he gave me that winning, "I GET IT NOW" smile and we moved on to discuss his day. (Incidentally it was ok, he had lots of people out today, so he was busy, but good).
Riley acknowledged a few other friends from today (new names, so I was excited as details this week have been sparse) and expressed a desire to play with her friend from the neighborhood tonight after dinner. She decided to "dress up" so that when her friend came over she wouldn't know she was at the correct house and well...this is her disguise:


Get a load of that outfit! My girl has style!


Who says a cowgirl can't wear a boa?

2 comments:

  1. unifix huh? Well, I guess Grammie is not too old to learn after all. Did she know this term already or learn it at school? Hope she had fun with the other Riley - gosh they just follow you everywhere you move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a smart girl! I loved reading this post! Using big words like "unifix" is music to a teacher's ears! So glad she is loving school. I know you couldn't be more proud of her.

    ReplyDelete