Wednesday, January 20, 2010

80 Days

Today is Riley's 100th day of school!  She was really excited to "celebrate" with her classmates.  Her teacher suggested the students make a t-shirt to wear today and decorate it with 100 items.  We started brainstorming last week and after discussing the pros and cons of using 100 real plastic pigs, 100 piggy stamps, 100 piggy erasers, 100 piggy stickers, 100 pictures of the stuffed piggies she has we finally settled on ...(insert drum roll sound effect here).....100 "puffy paint" dots arranged in the shape of a piggy.  Her finished product:


She was thrilled with her little piggy and the 100 puffy dots she used to create it!  I added the eyeball and curly tail for her while trying to ignore the fact that the dots were not the same size and they are a little crooked here and there.  ;)  Wink, wink.


She was getting ready for bed last night and said, "Mama, I only have 80 days of Kindergarten left!"  OH MY GOODNESS!  MY TINY LITTLE 6 LB. 12 OZ. BABY GIRL IS ON HER WAY TO 1ST GRADE!!!!!  MAKE IT STOP!  I didn't give my permission for her to grow up!  Only a total control freak would be miffed that her bright, well adjusted social butterfly was growing up, right? 

4 comments:

  1. Oh My Gosh! She looks soooo big! Love the shirt Riley - you did a great job with the puffy paint!
    Gram

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little piggy shirt! I always loved celebrating the 100th day. Riley has grown up to be such a beautiful little girl! I know you are so proud of her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you Mommy, I can't believe she is growing up so fast! Where did the time go?? Love the little piggy shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the t-shirt what a creative idea! Jacob took 100 shark teeth and gave an informative presentation on them...I can't believe how fast they grow!

    ReplyDelete