Wednesday, July 22, 2009

This little piggy went to school!!!!!

It will be brief, but I'll catch up with vacation details later (you know for the 2 of you that actually look at the blog that weren't on vacation with us)! Big girl took her registration papers down to Lewisburg Elementary School (home of the Patriots) ...sparked some thoughtful questions about patriots and patriotism, etc. that 5 years of college couldn't help me form an answer to satisfy little miss inquisitive. After dropping off her paperwork and listening her tell her principal (she had no idea who this woman was) that "we just moved from Knoxville, Powell actually because my daddy got this great new job and I was going to Copper Ridge Elementary with my friend Riley Marie, she was my neighbor at my old house, I'm really excited about Kindergarten, my whole name is Riley McKennaLittleton..." I think it was about here that I kindly cut her off and ushered her out the door to spare the poor woman any more details. Should have let her keep talking, maybe she could have mentioned her mommy used to teach elementary school and is currently wondering what she'll do with her "days off" while Riley is at school.

We went to Target with her first official "school supply list" in hand and she was super excited. You know I wasn't afraid to bust out the camera right there:
The list had 10 glue sticks on it and they were on sale if you bought the packages of 2 each. She thought she was so grown up counting by 2's and throwing them into the buggy. Hee Hee!

Once my, I mean her, excitement had worn off we were off for lunch with Mike. We ate at Newk's
(great place, come see me and I'll take you there) and went on home. We had TONS of rain yesterday and last night (the creek is rolling, we like it!) so my little piggy donned her rubber boots and found her some mud on the vacant lot next door. She was having too much fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment