Sunday, July 26, 2009

Rainbow Brite is back!!!

Do you remember her? 1980 something? That doll? All those colors??? Well, Mike and I spent the day with her! Riley announced this afternoon that she had "the perfect outfit" for our first bike ride at Shelby Farms.

I've realized a positive about the move is that we know NO ONE and it's a little liberating at times (she wouldn't have gone to the mailbox in this ensemble in Powell). Her very essential foam visor was glittery, she donned not one, but two Mickey Mouse rings and a Mickey bracelet. She also took her cell phone (even offered to let me use it if I needed to make a call) and carried it in a purple beaded holder. She hears her own drum for sure!

We had heard about this Shelby
Farms place, but hadn't had a chance to check it out until now. WOW! It's 4500 acres (yep, a 4500 acre park exists in Memphis)! It has bike trails, playgrounds, picnic areas, lakes with boats you can rent, and bison...I'll type it again so you'll believe it...
b i s o n...Very large creatures, sorta buffalo like, but exciting to see one up close (and in a park for goodness sake)! That's not the only odd animal I encountered this weekend. Making my way to the grocery store yesterday and saw a blob of sorts in the middle of a 4 lane road. I glance over and there is an armadill
o, yep, I'll type it again too
a r m a d i l l o
....dead in the middle of the road. I swear I had to look at the GPS to make sure I wasn't in New Mexico. Brian assures me
that
they do exist here (great, yet another critter...I'm not a buggy, critter loving type of gal). YIKES! We (Rainbow Brite, Mike and I) rode about 5 miles on 2 different trails and stopped for a picnic lunch. It was a terrific place and we plan to utilize the "kite flying field" later this fall. They have horses and stables too, but we didn't get over that way.
















She caught a cat nap on the way home...wish I could have, but being crammed into the "extra cab" of the truck isn't really conducive to napping!

3 comments:

  1. Did you say ARMADILLO and BISON? Exactly where is Olive Branch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kendra, this is Manda (Robin's daughter). Riley is so adorable. how are you guys? I wil put pictures up of Nyali soon if you would like to look on my page. I have some that are from last year when she was littler. She is still little but bigger at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Riley, im glad u are loving your new house and having lots of fun there! Those bison were sooo cool. Your friend Jacob from Powell

    ReplyDelete