Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A Decorating Tip

I became overwhelmed with some sort of nameless emotion tonight as I reached for my refrigerator door.  Upon further thought, I realized that this emotion isn’t nameless…In fact, to put it into words, I’m downright lucky, fortunate, loved, privileged, and blessed beyond comprehension.  What is it about the month of November that makes people (myself included) FINALLY realize every month should be lived with a thankful spirit?  



Every “masterpiece” Riley has proudly toted home from school, sweet notes I’ve received in the mail from my fabulous mama, pictures of those that Mike, Riley and I hold dear, as well as school calendars with dates for those priceless Kindergarten events that will only occur once all pepper our Kenmore side-by-side with love.  All that "stuff" is so important to me!  I'm a lucky girl indeed!  
I remember when Mike and I were putting our first house on the market and a  realtor suggested we clear our fridge of its “clutter”.  Sheesh...I suggest the exact opposite.  I say cover that sucker up!  Stainless, black, white, avocado green (more incentive to cover it up) - whatever yours might be, just cover that thing up!  C’mon, I dare you!  Make yourself smile…mine makes me utterly giddy.

1 comment:

  1. I have one sweet daughter! You are my sunshine. Grammie

    ReplyDelete