Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Lofty Aspirations

+
 +
 +
 =
 A Pig Farmer...Our contribution to Career Day 2010.
(no, I'm not kidding).
Others were bounding out of mini-vans and SUVs in vertically altered scrubs and toting empty laptop cases, but last week our girl proclaimed to all that would listen that she will be the best pig farmer ever known.   
Unique, one-of-a-kind, and extraordinary don't really capture her "Dharma-isms" (remember that show, Dharma and Greg?)  

I'm a little biased, but I believe we're so lucky to be able to share our lives with her.  I hope Mike and I always allow her to be herself * and help her become the person God wants her to be... pig farmer or not!

*disclaimer:  In fairness I have to divulge (like you don't already know) that Mike will not have a problem with this; it will be her over protective, obsessive compulsive wielding other parent.  Remember, admitting your problem is half the battle!  :) 


3 comments:

  1. Well, you do have to admit that she will be a mighty fine looking pig farmer!
    If we're able, we plan to be there to help her "slop them hogs"!
    Grammie & Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is the cutest pig farmer I have ever seen! I love how she is confident about being who she wants to be, no matter what everyone else is doing! What a great girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a zoologist who wants to specialize in snakes. I like your pigfarmer Riley. You can farm the pigs and I can train the snakes!

    ReplyDelete