Sunday, December 27, 2009

Our weeklong celebration! Part I



We started Friday, the 18th after I had the pleasure of attending Riley's classroom Christmas party.  We are so thrilled that she is in a school that still allows Christmas trees to be decorated (we contributed a pig ornament), ANY type of Christmas book to be read aloud, and the very same carols we sing at church are belted out there too!  
 

We hit the road around 1:00 and this is what the back of my car looked like:


About 45 minutes into our trip the back seat had a little different look:


God watched over our journey and we had several "fun stops" (you wouldn't believe the fun these two can have at a rest area)! 




We had plans to have breakfast with Granny and Papa Saturday morning.  Riley loved her new jacket and her Legos were a HUGE hit!  A good time was had by all!


After way too many waffles, we headed back to Grammie and Poppy's house to play with Elley, Owen, Uncle Jeff and Aunt Briana while they were in town!



So, our actual celebrating with family wasn't on the 25th of December, but there was enough love in my little heart during those 3 days to carry me through the rest of the year!  I know the song says, "big girls don't cry", but being a "big girl" is HARD WORK sometimes!  Sniff, Sniff! 
Stay tuned for Part II of our weeklong celebration!


1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about being a "big girl".:) Thanks for sharing our good time. I love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete